Players Guild of Dearborn Health and Safety Policy
We are excited to announce the return of the Magic of Live Theatre to the Players Guild of Dearborn.
Throughout its 94-year history, the Players Guild has been committed to providing a safe, fun and welcoming atmosphere for all of our members, loyal patrons and audience members. We’re excited and grateful to return to live, in-person theatre, and we want to do our part to make sure that live theatre not only returns but thrives.
Every institution is struggling with how best to completely reopen and yet manage the challenge that comes with doing it during a pandemic. Theatre, by design, is a shared experience. Audience members reacting in real time to actors performing live onstage. In order to accomplish this successfully the Players Guild is committed to doing that as safely as possible.
Based on current CDC & MIOSHA guidance and following strategies being put in place across the theater community regarding COVID-19, proof of full vaccination and masking are required for all audience members at the Players Guild.
The Players Guild is proceeding thoughtfully and cautiously. We’re continually monitoring this fluid situation in our region and following guidance from reliable sources regarding our policies as the COVID-19 situation evolves.
We’ll continue to update this page and our FAQ with changes to our policies and procedures. Please check back periodically for the latest information.
What policies around masking, vaccination, social distancing, and other COVID-related practices does The Players Guild have in place?
- The Players Guild current protocols are based on a combination of health and safety requirements and guidelines from the CDC, MDHSS, MIOSHA and the Wayne County Health Department; current theater community practices; input from PGD members and patrons; audience surveys; and The Players Guild determination of best practices for our theater at this time.
- The Players Guild of Dearborn will require vaccinations for audience members, as well as performers, backstage crew, and all other members working on a production, for all performances through October 2021.
- Under the policy, guests will need to be fully vaccinated with an FDA or WHO authorized vaccine in order to attend a show and must show proof of vaccination at their time of entry into the theatre with their valid ID. “Fully vaccinated” means the performance date must be at least 14 days after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine, or at least 14 days after a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine.
- Vaccination Status and IDs will be checked at two entrances.
- Exceptions are being made for people with a medical condition or closely held religious belief that prevents vaccination. These guests must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of the performance start time, or a negative COVID-19 antigen test taken within 6 hours of the performance start time.
- Masking is currently required for all Players Guild patrons, members and production staff (with the exception of performers on stage) regardless of vaccination status. Patrons may lower masks briefly when eating or drinking in the Club Room but should otherwise remain masked.
- Social Distancing will be accomplished through limited seating. About 100 tickets are available per performance. This allows for spacing between rows for each performance.
- Children under 12 are currently unable to be vaccinated and therefore we are asking they not attend shows this fall.
- We understand that various policies will affect people differently and that there are no “one size fits all” solutions at this point. We look forward to seeing you whenever the time is right for you.
What forms of documentation will be accepted for proof of vaccination status?
- A physical, photocopy, or photo of your COVID vaccination card are all acceptable forms of documentation.
When will I have to share this documentation?
- Guild members will welcome our patrons at two different entrances, one on each side of our building. Patrons will be asked to produce Proof of Vaccination or negative Covid test results prior to entering the building.
How/when do I purchase tickets?
- For everyone’s safety, on-site Box Office sales for shows is unavailable. All ticket purchases must be done in advance using our online ticket portal at www.PlayersGuildofDearborn.org or by calling 313-561-TKTS.
How is The Players Guild prepared to address health and safety protocols?
- The Players Guild will continue to follow guidance from reliable sources, including the CDC, MDHSS, MIOSHA, and the Wayne County Health Dept.
- Currently we require all Guild Members working in the building as performers, crew and all other roles, to be fully-vaccinated.
- Disposable masks and hand sanitizing stations will be available to patrons.
- As part of our re-opening preparedness and response plans, The Players Guild has implemented COVID-19 training, enhanced cleaning practices using EPA approved disinfectants, and following administrative and operational controls as outlined in our plan.
- Modifications to the preparedness and response plans, as well as any on-site operations and training, will be implemented as these guidelines change.
*COVID-19 Health Screening
Do not enter The Players Guild unless you answer “NO” to the following questions and are feeling healthy:
Do you have any symptoms of COVID-19?
- fever or feeling feverish
- new shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- new cough
- new or unexpected muscle or body aches
- new sore throat, congestion or runny nose (not related to allergies)
- new loss of taste or smell
- new or unexpected headache
- nausea or vomiting
In the past 14 days, have you had close contact with someone recently diagnosed with COVID-19?
In the past 14 days, have you tested positive for or been diagnosed with COVID-19?
Are you currently waiting for COVID-19 test results?
Have you been advised to quarantine?
All attendees and guests will be required to comply with health and safety laws, orders, ordinances, regulations and health and safety guidance adopted by the State of Michigan, the County of Wayne and The Players Guild of Dearborn -including any vaccination, face mask and health-screening guidelines in place at the time of the shows.