Players Guild of Dearborn Health and Safety Policy
Throughout its 95-year history, the Players Guild has been committed to providing a safe, fun and welcoming atmosphere for all of our members, loyal patrons and audience members.
Covid-19 has challenged all of us to stay vigilant and committed to providing a healthy and safe environment to the best of our ability for our members and patrons. The Players Guild is proceeding thoughtfully and cautiously. We’re continually monitoring this fluid situation in our region and following guidance from reliable sources regarding our policies as the COVID-19 situation evolves.
Based on current CDC guidance and following strategies being put in place across the theater community regarding COVID-19, the Players Guild no longer requires proof of full vaccination to audition for, participate in or attend a Players Guild production. We will continue to STRONGLY recommend getting your Covid vaccination.
The Players Guild of Dearborn has also updated our face mask policy by linking it to the level of transmission risk in our region as determined by the CDC.
Three levels of transmission risk have been identified by the CDC:
1. Low; Green: Members, Patrons and others in the PGD building are not required to wear masks at the Low level of risk. People may continue to wear a mask based on personal preference.
2. Medium; yellow: Members, Patrons and others in the PGD building are not required to wear masks at the Medium level of risk, however, they should: Consider wearing masks indoors and testing in advance of interactions if a close contact or relative is at high risk of severe disease, and, if immunocompromised, talk to a doctor about whether masking or other precautions are necessary.
3. High; orange: Members, Patrons and others in the PGD building are required, at the High level of risk, to wear a well-fitting mask indoors regardless of vaccination status, except in circumstances where they are working alone (i.e., office, shop, etc.)
Currently the Covid-19 Community level in Wayne County is Medium (Yellow). Consequently, Members, Patrons and others in the PGD building are not required to wear masks at the Medium level of risk. Everyone may continue to wear a mask based on personal preference.
We have put the following protections in place:
- Vaccinations are highly recommended for all members who are involved with the current production or other Guild activities and other persons working in our building.
- Flexible Ticketing Policies: All tickets are refundable and exchangeable up to the day of the performance. If a patron is not feeling well or feels they may have come in contact with Covid-19, call the box office and arrange an exchange or refund.
- Hand sanitation stations throughout the theatre space.
- All surfaces in the theater, lobby and box office are cleaned and disinfected regularly including before and between all performances.
- Limited Concessions will be available for purchase.
This status is updated every Thursday evening at 8:00 pm ET and any change in whether or not to wear
a mask in the building will be shared by your Producer and on our website.
Please contact Membership@ThePlayersGuildofDearborn.org with any questions or concerns.