Players Guild of Dearborn Health and Safety Policy
We are excited to announce the return of the Magic of Live Theatre to the Players Guild of Dearborn.
Throughout its 94-year history, the Players Guild has been committed to providing a safe, fun and welcoming atmosphere for all of our members, loyal patrons and audience members. We’re excited and grateful to return to live, in-person theatre, and we want to do our part to make sure that live theatre not only returns but thrives.
Every institution is struggling with how best to completely reopen and yet manage the challenge that comes with doing it during a pandemic. Theatre, by design, is a shared experience. Audience members reacting in real time to actors performing live onstage. In order to accomplish this successfully the Players Guild is committed to doing that as safely as possible.
The Players Guild of Dearborn is committed to the safety and well-being of our members and patrons. The Players Guild will adhere to the following protocols and policies to operate in the safest, most responsible way possible. These protocols and policies are in accordance with the latest CDC guidelines, as well as all federal, state, county, city and other scientific data. As new information regarding the spread of COVID-19 becomes available each day, The Players Guild is committed to adapting our policies and procedures to keep all who enter our doors safe.
The Players Guild of Dearborn has updated our face mask policy to reflect the level of transmission risk in our region as determined by the CDC.
Three levels of transmission risk have been identified by the CDC:
1. Low; Green: Members, Patrons and others in the PGD building are not required to wear masks at the Low level of risk. People may continue to wear a mask based on personal preference.
2. Medium; yellow: Members, Patrons and others in the PGD building are not required to wear masks at the Medium level of risk, however, they should: Consider wearing masks indoors and testing in advance of interactions if a close contact or relative is at high risk of severe disease, and, if immunocompromised, talk to a doctor about whether masking or other precautions are necessary.
3. High; orange: Members, Patrons and others in the PGD building are required, at the High level of risk, to wear a well-fitting mask indoors regardless of vaccination status, except in circumstances where they are working alone (i.e., office, shop, etc.)
Currently, the Covid-19 Community level in Wayne County is medium (yellow). Consequently,Members, Patrons and others in the PGD building are not required to wear masks at the Medium level of risk, however, they should: Consider wearing masks indoors and testing in advance of interactions if a close contact or relative is at high risk of severe disease, and, if immunocompromised, talk to a doctor about whether masking or other precautions are necessary.
This policy will be reviewed regularly and in accordance with state and federal health and safety authorities. The Players Guild is committed to providing a safe and comfortable environment for our potential and current members to create and enjoy theater.”
We have put the following protections in place:
- Vaccinations are highly recommended for all members who are involved with the current production or other Guild activities and other persons working in our building.
- Flexible Ticketing Policies: All tickets are refundable and exchangeable up to the day of the performance. If a patron is not feeling well or feels they may have come in contact with Covid-19, call the box office and arrange an exchange or refund.
- Hand sanitation stations throughout the theatre space.
- All surfaces in the theater, lobby and box office are cleaned and disinfected regularly including before and between all performances.
- Limited Concessions will be available for purchase.
This policy is subject to change depending on the most up to date guidelines from the CDC as well as the local risk of infection. Any patron who does not feel comfortable with the policies at any time is entitled to a full refund.